Tomioka Racing Warranty
Tomioka Racing warrants to the original retail purchaser that the Tomioka Racing products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of original purchase except for:
- Light-weight batteries which are warranted for 2-years
- Transmission parts which are warranted for ninty (90) days from original purchase.
The warranty does not apply where:
- the product has been used for competition/racing,
- the product has been abused, misused, improperly maintained,
- repairs have been made or attempted by others,
- repairs are required because of normal wear and tear,
- alterations have been attempted or made to the product,
- the product is a consumable,
- the product has been in an accident.
This warranty is limited to repair or replacement, without charge, of the product/part found to be defective or, at Tomioka Racing’s option, refund of the purchase price and does not extend to claims for other loss or damage arising from the defect. If a part or component from an Tomioka Racing system/kit is found to be defective, this warranty shall apply only to the defective part or component and shall not require Tomioka Racing to repair, replace or refund the complete Tomioka Racing system/kit. In no event shall Tomioka Racing’s liability under this warranty exceed the purchase price of the Tomioka Racing product.
This warranty does not include the cost of removal or reinstallation of the product. No person or representative is authorized to extend any warranties on behalf of Tomioka Racing (other than expressed herein) or assume for Tomioka Racing any liability (other than expressed herein) in connection with the sale of any Tomioka Racing product.
Tomioka Racing DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL TOMIOKA RACING BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIFIC OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM PURCHASER’S USE OF THE PRODUCT.
Some products listed for sale are only for vehicles which may never be driven on a public highway. It is the responsibility of the end user to comply with local and state regulations.
Some states do not allow one or more of the above specified exclusions or limitations. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
To make a claim, you must:
1. Work with the Authorized Tomioka Racing Dealer (make every attempt) to determine the problem attributed to the Tomioka Racing product. Please take all steps to ensure that the problem is not caused by:
- installation error
An inspection fee will be charged for all products sent to Tomioka Racing for inspection and found to be in proper working order or malfunctioning due to cause other than manufacturing defect.
2. If the problem cannot be identified, obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number through the Authorized Tomioka Racing Dealer from where you purchased the product. Retain the RMA number for reference. Shipping charge(s) is/are the responsibility of the customer.
Please make sure the RMA number is clearly marked on the outside of the package on the mailing label – PACKAGES WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION WILL BE RETURNED.
Include a copy of your original invoice showing the;
a. A detailed description of the problem
b. A list of ALL modifications to the vehicle
c. Part number
d. Date of purchase
e. The purchase price
f. Your name and address
g. Daytime phone number
Tomioka Racing is NOT responsible for products returned to Tomioka Racing without a clearly marked RMA number and return address.
Please allow up to 6-8 weeks for inspection and determination of warranty claim.